6 Techniques to Combat Fatigue and Recover Energy
The fatigue is not a problem only for the elderly. Nowadays it affects almost everyone, young and old. Most of the time fatigue is the result of our bad lifestyle habits : unbalanced diet, overtraining, lack of sleep … There is not necessarily a link with age, even if it is a determining factor.
In any case, it is possible to combat fatigue . Sometimes it is enough to address the source of the problem. Taking medications is often the preferred solution. However, there are also many simple and natural techniques for replenishing energy .
We will show you some of them in this guide.
Adopt good lifestyle habits
The causes of fatigue are many and varied. But in most cases, nutrition is indicated. In fact, what we eat or don’t eat can impact our energy level. So, first of all, think about balancing your diet. Avoid carbohydrates and starchy white foods as much as possible. Instead, choose foods rich in fiber such as bananas, whole grains, brown rice …
To avoid a drop in energy , also make sure you stay well hydrated. Dehydration causes a loss of energy and contributes to reduced physical performance. To keep fit, drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
Finally, if possible, also try to go to bed early. Go to bed early enough to sleep well and enjoy the benefits that come with it.
Here are some anti-fatigue tips to boost your energy level.
It may seem strange to you, but believe it: moving can help fight fatigue . Several studies have already shown that the more active you are, the less tired you are. Physical activity increases our energy level. They improve stamina and help increase self-confidence. In addition to fighting stress, regular exercise also improves the functioning of the heart, lungs and muscles. Staying active ensures a high level of energy, while reducing the risk of fatigue. In fact, you don’t need to go to the gym to keep fit. It takes 30 minutes of walking a day to keep the body in shape.
Use of fatigue protection stones
The lithotherapy is a form of alternative medicine that uses the powers of the stones to treat certain diseases and disorders. This technique is also widely used in the fight against fatigue. Some minerals have the power to increase energy levels and make fatigue go away.
Here are some examples of stones to recharge energy :
- Quartz : Whether you suffer from chronic or temporary fatigue, this healing crystal can help you get back into shape. Lithotherapists often use its power to increase energy and vitality. Quartz helps balance energy fluctuations.
- Carnelian : A powerful healing stone , carnelian fights fatigue by toning and nourishing the second chakra, our body’s energy reservoir. In addition to stimulating energy, it also brings you joy and helps you fight your fears.
- Blue Agate : This stone is best known for its stimulating properties of inner and emotional strength. And it is also a powerful stone against fatigue. Blue agate strengthens the body’s healing mechanisms to combat and relieve symptoms of fatigue.
- Aventurine : In lithotherapy, this natural stone is mainly used to eliminate negativity and strengthen optimism. However, its gentle energy also promotes energy renewal. Aventurine acts in particular on the heart chakra to relieve panic attacks and anxiety related to emotional fatigue.
- Red Jasper : Also called the warrior’s stone, this stone fights fatigue by increasing endurance, improving circulation and strengthening the system.
These are just a few examples of fatigue stones . The list is not complete, there are many others. This selection offers only a taste of the virtues of lithotherapy on fatigue and low energy.
The current pace of life is conducive to stress and fatigue. In fact, everything seems to go very fast and sometimes we just can’t keep up. We tire easily and the situations we experience often become stressful and anxious. In order not to get carried away by fatigue and anxiety, it is sometimes necessary to take time to rest, relax and take an interest in the world around us.
Practicing awareness of fatigue allows you to live the moment and become aware of your thoughts, emotions and physical sensations. There are several techniques to achieve this. Of course, meditation is the most used. That said, activities such as yoga, tai chi or massage also help to relax and soothe, allowing you to regain your energy.
Acupuncture is a commonly used practice in traditional Chinese medicine. It consists of stimulating specific areas of the epidermis, known as “acupuncture points”. According to some studies, this practice is effective in reducing the symptoms of fatigue. Even better, it is highly appreciated because the results are immediate. In fact, since acupuncture acts directly on the energy of “qi”, fatigue dissipates quickly.
The use of acupuncture for fatigue is therefore an interesting avenue to consider. That said, for better effectiveness, I prefer hot needle acupuncture to standard or dummy acupuncture. According to studies, this technique would be more effective in fighting fatigue.
Take herbal medicine for fatigue
Plants have always been used to cure diseases or to alleviate some ailments. Like lithotherapy, herbal medicine is an alternative form of medicine that can be used to complement medical treatments. And, of course, it can be used to combat fatigue.
In fact, there are a large number of anti-fatigue plants . The following are among the most used:
- Ginseng : is a powerful anti-fatigue. The ginsenosides it contains are effective in improving physical and mental abilities. Ginseng can be used in capsules or in powder form.
- Camu camu : this plant is extremely rich in vitamin C. In phytotherapy, it is used a lot to combat fatigue. In addition to being invigorating, camu camu is also an antioxidant. It is available in powder and capsule form.
- Eleutherococcus : this plant of Russian origin allows the body to easily adapt to everything that makes it tired. It boosts immunity and is used especially in winter to protect against winter diseases. Eleutherococcus exists in capsules and in powder form.
- Guarana : powerful psychostimulant, the seeds of this shrub are very rich in caffeine. Thanks to their energizing properties, they help prevent fatigue and stay active throughout the day. Guarana is available in powder form or as a dry seed extract.
This is a fairly long list of simple but effective anti-fatigue techniques . Depending on your convenience, you can choose one or more of these techniques. But if it is a technique to accompany medical treatment, do not forget to seek the advice of your doctor. Except perhaps for lithotherapy or mindfulness, as these two techniques are generally safe.