4th House in Horoscope: Patal Sthana, Matru Bhava
What is seen from this house / sthana:
A. Shows house that you live in – how will your house be, Will it be a new or used home, will it be in a building or on land, how will be the atmosphere in the home be? For women, this shows the house after marriage.
B. Amenities in home
C. Vehicles – 2 or 4 wheeler, used or new, happiness obtained from them
E. Mother – Mother’s attitude, mother’s teachings, Specific efforts taken by mother, happiness from mother, what was mother’s condition during pregnancy
F. Happiness/ problems in persons life. Will the person be satisfied in life – as this house is related to mind.
G. How will the last days of life be – will you be alone, will people take care of you
H. Primary education – what did you learn in mother’s womb, education till 12th standard, short technical courses
I. Interest in Yog Sadhana
This house is Patal Sthana; meaning it is difficult to judge how the planets will exactly act in this house. Grahas are acting on person’s mind.
Some Examples of planets in this house:
1. Moon in 4th house: Can make a person rich. But there might be lack of satisfaction.
2. Venus in 4th house: Can make a person rich. But there might be lack of satisfaction.
3. Jupiter in 4th house: Indicates that the mother will be good. But, the person will never own a grand house. Person will be cared for in old age.
4. Mars in 4th house: Good for acquisition of Land. Indicates that mother is strict.
5. Saturn in 4th house: Atmosphere in the house will not be good. Person will not be looked after in the last days of his life.
6. Rahu in 4th house: Atmosphere in house will not be good. Its advisable that the person’s name is on first on the house/property agreement.
7. Ketu in 4th house: Indicates troubles in home.
8. Neptune in 4th house: Indicates that the person religious. Person will be in coma before death.