Planet Significance (Graha Karakatwa)
Every planet is assigned a certain responsibilities. This is called the karakatwa of that graha.
While analyzing a horoscope, the position, yogas and state of the karak graha is also analyzed.
For example: Jupiter is the karaka for children. Hence, while analyzing ‘children’ in a horoscope, along with the 5th house and divisional chart, the planet responsible for ‘children’ i.e. Jupiter is also analyzed. .
Karakatwas of Planets (Grahas)
|1||Sun||Father, Elder Brother, Position in Society, Ruling Party, King, Promotion, Showoff|
|2||Moon||Emotions, Mother, Water Related|
|3||Mars||Army, Siblings, Land, Property, House, Surgery, Husband|
|4||Mercury||Intelligence, Speech, Business, Math Ability, Maternal Uncle|
|5||Jupiter||Children, Rich people in society, Education, Religion|
|6||Venus||Beauty, Wife, Art, Artists, Enjoyment, Love, Mantra Study|
|7||Saturn||Grandfather, Research, Lower Strata in Society, LifeSpan |
|8||Rahu||Success, Enjoyment (Upabhog)|
|9||Ketu||Turning away from Enjoyment (Virakti )|
|10||Uranus||Change, Independence, Latest Inventions, Gay People|
|11||Neptune||Hiding, Inner Mind|
|12||Pluto||Earth Quakes, Natural Disasters, Mass Movements, Mass psychosis, natural disasters, war, atomic bomb explosion, epidemic, sexual act, sexual infection, contact with the distant past, with the occult, with an unexplained phenomenon, autopsy, murder, death.|
Naisargik Mitra or Natural Friends: Based on the nature of the planets, they have friends, enemies and neutral relationship with other planets.
The following table illustrates the relationship between the planets.
Planetary Friendship Chart:
Graha Bhagya Varsha
Certain years are associated with planets. The planets give results according to these years. This is commonly used in prediction. Bhagya Varsha of Shani is 36. Hence Shani gives good results after 36 years.
Following are the Bhagya Varsha of planets:
Sun – 22
Moon – 24
Mars -24, 28
Mercusy – 32
Jupiter- 30 , 36
Venus – 24
Saturn- 30 , 36
Rahu – 42
Ketu – 48
Uranus – 54
Neptune – 62
Time required for planets to move through one Zodiac Sign
- Time required for Moon to move through one zodiac sign is 2, 1/4 days .
- Time required for Sun to move through one zodiac sign is 30 days.
- Time required for Mercury to move through one zodiac sign is 30 days.
- Time required for Mars to move through one zodiac sign is 49 days.
- Time required for Venus to move through one zodiac sign is 30 days
- Time required for Jupiter to move through one zodiac sign is 361 days
- Time required for Saturn to move through one zodiac sign is 2, 1/2 years
- Time required for Rahu to move through one zodiac sign is 18 months.
- Time required for Ketu to move through one zodiac sign is 18 months.