personality, compatibility, Professions, celebrities, remedies, symbol, deity, baby names
Pushya Nakshatra, an important aspect of Vedic astrology, is situated entirely within the Zodiac sign of Cancer and encompasses the stars Theta-, Gamma-, and Eta-Cancri. Often translated as “nourisher,” this star’s essence is about providing sustenance and support, with its symbol being the udder of a cow.
This Nakshatra faces hardships in the initial stages of life but starts achieving success from the mid-twenties. The individuals born under Pushya learn the importance of self-reliance due to their early dependency on others. Ruled by the planets Jupiter and Saturn, Pushya is considered a favorable Nakshatra for spiritual pursuits.
Divided into four padas, each with unique characteristics, Pushya Nakshatra ranges from 3 degrees 20 minutes to 16 degrees and 40 minutes in Cancer. The first pada, influenced by the sun and symbolizing success, family, affluence, and ancestral pride, falls in the Leo Navamsa.
Pushya Nakshatra Personality Traits
Individuals born under the Pushya Nakshatra exhibit various positive personality traits that contribute to their unique character. Some of the key strengths of Pushya Nakshatra natives include:
- Energized zeal to expand, care, and protect their family, society, or community
- Deep sense of loyalty and devotion, making them excellent partners and friends
- Strong connection to spiritual pursuits and a general inclination towards personal growth
- Good luck and success in financial and business matters
- Exceptional nurturing and motherly traits, particularly in Pushya Nakshatra females
Just as they possess various strengths, Pushya Nakshatra natives also have some weaknesses that can impact their lives. Common weaknesses among individuals born under this star include:
- A potential struggle with making tough life decisions and embracing changes
- An inclination to become too comfortable or rigid in their personal and professional lives
- Overprotectiveness towards their loved ones, which may sometimes come across as controlling
- Difficulty maintaining a balanced approach to life, potentially leading to excessive focus on material comforts or neglect of spiritual growth
Although the Pushya Nakshatra individuals possess both strengths and weaknesses, they ultimately have a strong foundation of love and loyalty, making them valuable members of their families and communities.
Pushya Nakshatra Overview
Pushya Nakshatra, also known as the nourisher, is the 8th of the 27 Nakshatras in Vedic Astrology. It spans from 3 degrees 20 minutes to 16 degrees and 40 minutes in the Cancer zodiac sign. This nakshatra embodies the qualities of care, nurturing, and nourishment. Let’s delve deeper into its distinct features.
Pushya Nakshatra Symbol
The symbol of Pushya Nakshatra is the udder of a cow, representing nourishment and sustenance. This symbol aligns with the core essence of the nakshatra, emphasizing its qualities of compassion and providing for others.
Pushya Nakshatra Deity
Brihaspati, the Guru of the Gods, is the presiding deity of Pushya Nakshatra. Brihaspati signifies wisdom, knowledge, and spiritual growth, further enhancing the spiritual aspects of this nakshatra.
Pushya Nakshatra Animal
The animal associated with Pushya Nakshatra is the Ram or Goat. This association underlines the steadfast and determined nature of individuals born under this star, lending them the ability to face challenges with confidence.
Pushya Nakshatra Ruling Planet
Saturn is the ruling planet of Pushya Nakshatra, adding stability, discipline, and patience to the inherent qualities of this star. The influence of Saturn imparts a sense of responsibility and a penchant for hard work among the natives of Pushya Nakshatra.
Pushya Nakshatra Element
The element associated with Pushya Nakshatra is water. It signifies the flowing, nurturing, and adaptable nature attributed to the nakshatra. The water element helps in maintaining an emotional connection with others and symbolizes the nourishing and supportive traits of this star.
In summary, Pushya Nakshatra is known for its qualities of nurturing, support, and spiritual growth. Its unique symbol, deity, animal, ruling planet, and elemental association give it a distinct position in Vedic Astrology. The insights provided through these attributes can help individuals better understand their strengths and weaknesses, guiding them towards a more fulfilling life.
Pushya Nakshatra 4 Quarters (Padas)
The Pushya Nakshatra is divided into four quarters, or padas, each covering 3°20′. These four padas define the different attributes and characteristics of the nakshatra. Here, we will explore each quarter in detail.
Pushya Nakshatra Quarter 1 (Pada 1)
In the first quarter of Pushya Nakshatra, which ranges from 3°20′ to 6°40′ in Cancer, the pada is associated with the Leo Navamsa. This pada represents the qualities of the sun, such as success, family, affluence, and ancestral pride. People born in this pada are ambitious, radiant, and natural leaders.
Pushya Nakshatra Quarter 2 (Pada 2)
The second quarter of Pushya Nakshatra falls between 6°40′ and 10°00′ in Cancer. This pada is connected to the Virgo Navamsa, giving individuals born in this pada a strong analytical mind, an eye for detail, and an ability to excel in the fields of finance and business. These individuals are diligent and service-oriented, striving for perfection in their work.
Pushya Nakshatra Quarter 3 (Pada 3)
Ranging from 10°00′ to 13°20′ in Cancer, the third quarter of Pushya Nakshatra is associated with the Libra Navamsa. Individuals born in this pada have a natural inclination towards maintaining harmony and balance in their lives. They are diplomatic, charming, and sociable, finding success in professions which require strong interpersonal skills.
Pushya Nakshatra Quarter 4 (Pada 4)
The fourth quarter of Pushya Nakshatra spans from 13°20′ to 16°40′ in Cancer and is connected with the Scorpio Navamsa. Individuals born in this pada possess an intense, transformative nature. They are resilient, emotionally strong, and focused on personal growth. These individuals are likely to excel in fields that require research and in-depth understanding.
Compatibility and Relationships
Pushya Nakshatra natives are known for forming strong and long-lasting friendships with others. Their kind and compassionate nature, combined with their understanding and supportive attitude, makes them valued friends by those around them. They often connect well with those who share similar ideals and principles.
Though their friendships may start slow due to their cautious nature, Pushya Nakshatra individuals gradually develop trust and loyalty with their friends, leading to meaningful and supportive connections.
When it comes to marriage compatibility, Pushya Nakshatra individuals have good compatibility with natives of the same Nakshatra. A harmonious relationship arises due to their shared values and deep understanding of one another’s needs and desires. Their openness and honesty with each other further strengthens their bond in a marriage.
According to information from various sources, Pushya Nakshatra has great compatibility with the following Nakshatras:
- Ashwini Nakshatra: Both individuals complement each other’s strengths, and their patience and support result in a strong connection in this marriage.
- Mrigashiras in Taurus: They form a good, long-term partnership based on mutual trust and understanding.
- Punarvasus in Cancer: A harmonious union founded on shared values and emotional bonding.
- Ashlesha Nakshatra: This union brings out the best in both partners and encourages growth, love, and trust.
It is important to note that compatibility is only one aspect of a successful marriage. Open communication, compatibility, and understanding of each other’s needs are also essential factors in maintaining a healthy relationship.
Famous Personalities and Celebrities
Pushya Nakshatra has been home to many accomplished personalities and celebrities who have shined in various fields. Their traits and characteristics, influenced by the Nakshatra, often contribute to their success and achievements.
Born under the Pushya Nakshatra are notable Indian figures such as:
- Aamir Khan – A renowned actor, director, and producer born on March 14, 1965.
- Saina Nehwal – A celebrated badminton player born on March 17, 1990.
- Narendra Modi – The current Prime Minister of India, born on September 17, 1950.
International celebrities associated with Pushya Nakshatra include:
- Rose Byrne – A prolific actress hailing from Australia.
- Jessica Ellen Cornish – Better known as Jessie J, an English singer and songwriter.
- Halle Berry – An accomplished American actress and former fashion model.
Moreover, several legendary personalities from the world of entertainment and sports have also been graced by the Pushya Nakshatra:
- Madhuri Dixit – A popular Bollywood actress known for her dazzling dancing skills and remarkable acting talent.
- Raj Kapoor – An iconic Indian actor and filmmaker, often referred to as “The Greatest Showman of Indian Cinema.”
- Vivian Richards – A legendary West Indian cricketer, widely considered one of the greatest batsmen of all time.
- Lata Mangeshkar – An influential Indian playback singer and music director with a career spanning over seven decades.
These famous personalities are a testament to the nourishing and caring attributes of the Pushya Nakshatra, which plays a vital role in shaping their lives and achievements.
Career and Profession
Suitable Career Paths
Pushya Nakshatra individuals have diverse talents and abilities, making them well-suited for various career paths. Some of the prime professions for these natives include:
- Food and drink merchants
- Politicians, rulers, and aristocrats
- Caterers and hoteliers
- Clergy, nuns, priests, and spiritual teachers
- Psychologists, counselors, and psychotherapists
- Real estate investors
These careers align with their nurturing and empathetic nature, allowing them to excel and build strong connections with others.
While Pushya Nakshatra individuals have various strengths, they may face certain professional challenges. These include:
|Pride and entitlement||Due to their inherent capabilities, they may develop a sense of pride and entitlement, impacting their professional relationships.|
|Decision-making||Their empathetic nature may cause them to overthink decisions, leading to indecisiveness and missed opportunities.|
|Boundary-setting||Their nurturing disposition may make it difficult for them to set boundaries, potentially affecting their work-life balance.|
By recognizing and addressing these challenges, Pushya Nakshatra individuals can further enhance their professional growth and success.
Health and Wellbeing
The physical health of individuals born under Pushya Nakshatra tends to be a bit challenging, especially up to the age of 20. During this period, they may experience various ailments, including tuberculosis, jaundice, skin diseases, and gastric ulcers.
Despite these early health challenges, with proper care and a balanced lifestyle, they can overcome these difficulties and improve their overall physical wellbeing.
Emotionally, Pushya Nakshatra natives are known for their nurturing, creative, and empathetic nature. This predisposition enables them to connect well with others and provide emotional support to those around them. However, they may also struggle with pride and a sense of entitlement, which can create emotional turbulence in their lives.
To maintain emotional stability, they should focus on developing humility and self-awareness, learning to let go of ego-driven tendencies. By doing so, they can cultivate a stronger sense of inner peace and emotional resilience.
For those born under Pushya Nakshatra, navigating health and wellbeing may require a combination of conscious effort, self-care, and emotional growth. By staying informed about their inherent tendencies and working to overcome their weaknesses, they can optimize their overall well-being and thrive in all aspects of life.
Remedies and Rituals
The remedies and rituals associated with Pushya Nakshatra are known to help mitigate the inauspicious effects of this birth star. To begin, one of the most recommended practices is serving cows. Feeding and caring for cows work towards reducing the negative impacts of Pushya Nakshatra on an individual’s life. Donations towards cow shelters can also be a beneficial remedy.
Another remedy for those born under Pushya Nakshatra is to have a lotus flower or a statue of a lotus flower in their home, placed in the northern direction. The lotus symbol is believed to bring prosperity and positive energy into the lives of those connected with this Nakshatra.
Wearing a 22K gold chain is also mentioned as an effective remedy for overcoming the challenges related to this birth star, as gold represents strength and purity, which could work towards enhancing one’s life.
As Pushya Nakshatra is ruled by the divine priest Brihaspati, chanting mantras and performing Japa are considered extremely powerful for those under its influence. There are specific mantras associated with this Nakshatra, focusing on deities such as Lord Ganesha, particularly the 25th form of Ganesha, known as Maha Ganapati. Devotees can use apps like Japa108.com to facilitate their mantra chanting rituals.
Lastly, one can consider performing the Navagraha and Nakshatra Homa. This ritual is specially designed to appease the nine planets, thereby changing the course of one’s destiny and resolving difficulties in day-to-day life. By participating in this Homa, individuals can seek peace and happiness amid the challenges posed by their birth star, Pushya Nakshatra.
Spiritual and Personal Growth
Pushya Nakshatra is known for its spiritual and personal growth aspects. People born under this nakshatra often possess a strong inclination towards religious and spiritual matters. With a naturally nurturing and nourishing nature, Pushya natives tend to flourish in various areas of life, such as emotional, mental, and materialistic domains.
Some key elements contributing to their spiritual and personal growth are:
- Morality and Virtue: Pushya natives prioritize following moral guidelines and strive to act according to their definition of virtue, often inspiring others to do the same.
- Spiritual Practice: They are known to be devout and faithful in their spiritual practice, often serving as a source of spiritual inspiration for others.
- Stability and Unification: Saturn’s influence stabilizes the otherwise expansive qualities of Jupiter and the Moon in Pushya, providing a stable foundation for growth and sky-high aspirations.
- Abundance and Opulence: The ability to nourish and support growth in various aspects of life results in abundance, making Pushya Nakshatra synonymous with prosperity, fame, and popularity.
Additionally, Pushya Nakshatra is considered the most nurturing of all 27 nakshatras. This gives individuals born under this star a sense of comfort and safety that serves as a recharging space, much like the warmth of their own home. It is within this comfortable and familiar environment that they can rejuvenate and experience significant growth on both personal and spiritual levels.
Pushya Nakshatra and Astrology
Pushya Nakshatra is highly significant in astrology, as it is considered one of the most auspicious among the 27 nakshatras, primarily due to its nourishing and protective qualities. In this section, we will explore the characteristics and effects of Pushya Nakshatra when it acts as the ascendant, moon sign, and the impact of individual planets placed in this constellation.
Pushya Nakshatra as Ascendant
When Pushya Nakshatra becomes the ascendant in a birth chart, it lends the native several favorable qualities. These individuals often possess a grounded and nurturing nature, making them great caregivers and leaders.
They may display an innate ability to excel in their chosen professions and become prosperous in their personal lives. Furthermore, their strong moral compass and determination help them to overcome challenges and achieve success.
Pushya Nakshatra as Moon Sign
When the moon is positioned in Pushya Nakshatra at the time of birth, the native’s emotional and intuitive faculties are influenced. Such a placement has the potential to make the individual caring, attentive, and intuitive. They might exhibit a heightened sensitivity to their surroundings and others, which can translate into compassion and understanding.
Natives with Pushya Nakshatra as their moon sign typically have a strong inclination towards familial and communal bonds, demonstrating loyalty, protection, and emotional support for their loved ones.
Effect of each Planet in Pushya Nakshatra
Here are the influences of various planets when placed in Pushya Nakshatra:
- Sun: The Sun in Pushya Nakshatra bestows confidence, ambition, and natural leadership abilities.
- Moon: A prominent affinity for nurturing and caring for others is observed when the Moon is placed in this constellation.
- Mars: Mars in Pushya Nakshatra bestows courage, determination, and a strong willpower, enabling natives to pursue their goals relentlessly.
- Mercury: When Mercury is in Pushya Nakshatra, the native tends to possess excellent communication skills, intellectual prowess, and an analytical mind.
- Jupiter: Jupiter’s placement in this nakshatra indicates a penchant for knowledge, wisdom, and spirituality, often guiding the native towards personal and philosophical growth.
- Venus: The presence of Venus in Pushya Nakshatra highlights a disposition towards love, beauty, and creative pursuits.
- Saturn: With Saturn positioned in this constellation, the native may experience a profound sense of responsibility, discipline, and perseverance.
Understanding the placement of planets in Pushya Nakshatra is essential for a comprehensive astrological analysis. Natives born under this auspicious nakshatra can channel its nourishing, protective, and supportive energies to achieve growth, success, and overall well-being.
In conclusion, Pushya Nakshatra holds a significant place in astrology, known as a highly auspicious and benevolent Nakshatra. People born under this star possess strong ties to family, home, and community. Their inherent enthusiasm for growth and protection makes them well-equipped for various roles in life.
Moreover, residents of Pushya Nakshatra need to maintain a balanced approach to life to avoid becoming overly comfortable or rigid. Spiritually inclined individuals can benefit from the favourable environment that this Nakshatra provides for spiritual pursuits.
Here are some key characteristics associated with Pushya Nakshatra:
- Strong sense of family and community
- Affinity for good food and social enjoyment
- Hardships in early life followed by success from mid-twenties
- Four distinct padas with varied strengths
Considering what we’ve learned about Pushya Nakshatra, the importance of balance in their lives cannot be stressed enough. By embracing their inherent strengths and addressing their weaknesses, individuals of Pushya Nakshatra can tap into their potential to lead fulfilling lives.
Quick Information about Pushya Nakshatra
|Pushya Nakshatra Symbol||Arrow, udder of a cow|
|Pushya Nakshatra Lord||Saturn|
|Pushya Nakshatra Diety||Brihaspati|
|Pushya Nakshatra Zodiac Sign (Rashi)||Cancer 03°20′ to 16°40′|
|Pushya Nakshatra Animal (Yoni)||goat|
|Pushya Nakshatra Tree|
|Pushya Nakshatra Body Parts||Stomach, intestine, lungs|
|Pushya Nakshatra Nadi||Madhya|
|Pushya Nakshatra Gana||Deva (God-Like)|
|Pushya Nakshatra Baby Names||Pushya pada 1: “Hoo”, pada Lord ‘Sun’|
Pushya pada 2: “He”, pada Lord ‘Mercury’
Pushya pada 3: “Ho”, pada Lord ‘Venus’
Pushya pada 4: “Dah”, pada Lord ‘Mars’
|Pushya Nakshatra English Name||Datta Cancri|
|Number of Stars in Pushya Nakshatra||3|
When moon is in Pushya Nakshatra on a Thursday, it is called ‘Gurupushyamrut’. This is a wealth giving yoga. Hence, there is a tradition to buy gold on this muhurat. Pushya nakshatra is very favorable for buying jewellery and new clothes, starting education, for thread ceremony, for building a house or a temple. Though this is an auspicious nakshatra, it is not suitable for marriages.
Know more …
- THE 27 NAKSHATRAS IN ASTROLOGY
- Nakshatra – Quick Reference for Astrologers
- Work to be done on different Nakshatras
- Nakshatra Tara Chakra
- Nakshatra Animal Symbols / Nakshatra Yoni
Nakshatras in Astrology
1)Ashwini, 2) Bharani , 3) Krittika, 4) Rohini, 5) Mrigasira , 6) Ardra , 7) Punarvasu , 8) Pushya , 9) Ashlesha,, 10) Magha, 11) PoorvaPhalguni , 12) UttaraPhalguni , 13) Hasta , 14) Chitra , 15) Swati , 16) Vishakha , 17) Anuradha , 18) Jyeshta , 19) Mool , 20) PoorvaShadha , 21) UttaraShadha , 22) Shravan , 23) Dhanishtha, 24) Shatataraka , 25) PoorvaBhadrapada , 26) UttaraBhadrapada , 27) Revati